[Closed] WE’RE HIRING: Senior Research Software Engineer
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Research Software Engineer to join the C-THRU research project, which models energy usage and emissions in the petrochemical supply chain to identify net zero migration paths.
As a Senior Research Software Engineer within the group, you will:
– Work with the globally distributed team of C-THRU research colleagues to model material use, and energy and emissions projections
– Provide the expert knowledge and skills needed to develop and continuously improve new software solutions that meet research objectives
– Provide technical training, coaching sessions, and promote best practices in research software development within the research team.
The types of research software and related activities within the project include:
– Application of numerical optimisation to calibrate research models
– Data integration pipelines using semantic technologies (RDF and Datalog)
– Tools to support researchers in checking and monitoring the results of complex models
– Tools to support researchers to produce self-documenting models combining computer-readable RDF and human-readable documentation output
– Development of a custom data visualisation tool for Sankey diagrams
– Use of platforms such as Github and Zenodo to share and archive research data and code
You will be based in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Bath, with opportunities for travel to conferences and project meetings.
The post holder will be a member of the University’s Research Software Engineering group and work closely with C-THRU project researchers.
The position is full time from early 2022 with an expected end date of 30 September 2023.
Salary: Starting from £42,149, rising to £50,296
If this project excites you and you’d like to know more about the role or how to apply, please visit the University of Bath’s website. The closing date for applications is 20th March 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you!